Cars, trucks and people
Hello,

here i would like to post my small conversions by placing figurines into H0 cars.

[Image: dsc06211y3fet.jpg]

[Image: dsc06212ttcei.jpg]

[Image: dsc06214pcdm7.jpg]

[Image: dsc062163lds3.jpg]

[Image: dsc06217ttipa.jpg]
Later this CN truck will be placed on a trail beside the rails.
Thinking to name this little autoscene: Two Hoseheads At Work.
Truck: Atlas
Figurines: Preiser, the white ones for self couloring

Lutz
Great job. This makes the vehicles look far more realistic on the layout.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(09-26-2022, 05:19 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Thinking to name this little autoscene: Two Hoseheads At Work.

Lutz

Good choice, Lutz, and it certainly could be Bob and Doug McKenzie in that pick-up truck. Wicked good, eh?

Wayne
Hello,

[Image: dsc05850p5k3x.jpg]
Some weeks ago Rapido Trains released these huge housewife tanks. Time to get them occupied.

[Image: dsc06207zbira.jpg]

[Image: dsc0620812cqz.jpg]

[Image: dsc06209umfzj.jpg]
Here are Thelma and Sally, two best friends, on their way to a copious shopping tour in the city. Driving totally distracted and stopped here because they have espied the shop window of an (expensive) store for women's outer garments.
No doubts, the trunk capacity of their vehicle is big enough to get all of their purchases home.
But will the credit cards of their husbands also be so debitable?

Lutz
Looking good!

I got a bunch of these also. How easy was it to get them apart? I will admit I have not taken any of them out of their cotainers.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Tom,

you have to pry off the front bumper which is a single casting together with the front grille and headlight surroundings. They used some kind of sticky glue like those used on stick on labels. So you have to use some gentle force and endurance, but at least the glue will give up.
At the rear end the chassis there are two ears sticking in the rear end of the body. So pull the chassis forward facing to release the ears, they also used this sticky glue here.
Pay attention to the head light lenses, they are separate parts.

Next time when i demount a Rapido Trains Chevrolet, i promise to make some photos.

Lutz
Hello,

another story:

[Image: dsc062217ndzr.jpg]

[Image: dsc062221pi52.jpg]
Two construction engineers seated into one of the early SUVs. Figurines by Preiser, SUV by Brekina.

[Image: dsc06225r4dcj.jpg]

[Image: dsc06226vhi7t.jpg]
Standing in the middle of nowhere.
Driver: "Where to the (censored) (censored) is this (censored) construction site (censored) ?" *
Co-driver: "I don't have the faintest idea, Walther."

Lutz

* Must be out of New York/NY where they speak the F-Language, so i was told.
Hello,

mom's pride:

[Image: dsc06292x2fgz.jpg]

[Image: dsc06294obdsj.jpg]
Mom is riding in her brand new 1954 Buick Century Estate Station Wagon, fashionable painted in Rainier Blue with Arctic White roof. And you can be sure she wears couture a'la dernier cri.

Lutz
These old Buicks are my favorites. One of the few fond memories I have of my dad was he sold Buicks from 1953 until 1958 and he drove demonstrators all these years so I have first hand knowledge of seeing the speedometer hit 100+ MPH on every one of them and Dynaflow Transmissions.  I love your vehicles. 
Charlie
Charlie,

i forget to write, the car model is by Oxford and the figurine by Preiser.
And this car is easily demounted, there are two cross-head screws and after removing them, you can straight lift the body from the running gear.

Lutz
I am so impressed with the details of your models. I had a 1950 Buick back in my college days. Then, a Buick was looked at as an old folk's car, but that was all that I could afford at the time.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(10-20-2022, 07:28 AM)Charlie B Wrote: These old Buicks are my favorites. One of the few fond memories I have of my dad was he sold Buicks from 1953 until 1958 and he drove demonstrators all these years so I have first hand knowledge of seeing the speedometer hit 100+ MPH on every one of them and Dynaflow Transmissions.  I love your vehicles. 

Charlie

Charlie, your recollection reminded me, when I was a kid, of riding in my Uncle George's maroon Buick (late '40s or early '50s model) with my dad in the front passenger seat, and my brother Steven and I in the back seat with our Uncle Barney (yeah, the same guy that flies over my layout, dumping his empty beer bottles with every Immelman roll.)

We were on the rolling hills and valleys of the highway to Sauble Beach, and travelling at over 100mph.  Uncle George hollered to Uncle Barney..."Barney, are ya okay back there?  There's a rolla toilet paper in the back there, if ya need it!"  Steven and I couldn't control our laughter.

All five of my uncles (and aunts) are long gone.

Wayne
Hello,

only an old farm truck which surely has seen better days:

[Image: dsc06288b3c8j.jpg]

[Image: dsc06289uvc1e.jpg]

[Image: dsc06290ktd60.jpg]
1948 Dodge B series pick up truck by Oxford, figurine by Preiser, weathering by Jürgen.

[Image: dsc06291pdes9.jpg]
Here into the bed later on some crates with vegetables will be stacked.

Lutz
Hello,

some older conversions:
[Image: dsc056850njai.jpg]

[Image: dsc05699yckc4.jpg]

Chrysler 300M placed some peolpe into it.

[Image: dsc05706fajla.jpg]
A young man is taking his girlfriend for a ride in his 55 Chevrolet. Perhaps they drove to Mel's.

[Image: dsc05709afkvk.jpg]
IHC 4300 with a coffee drinking driver.

Lutz
I really can't get over the detail in your vehicles. Mine all look like pieces of melted plastic... which most of them really are.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD