Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works
Thanks, I'm nearing the completion of the project. I built the boiler house, starting with the walls.

I glued the three walls together and spray painted them in a light gray.

Then I dry-brushed Americana 'Heritage Brick' across the brickwork.

When that was dry, I went back and painted individual bricks in burnt sienna and a brown oxide. 

I installed the windows like the shed except there aren't any window frames in bricklaying. Instead the windows fit in the bricks with a sill and lintel fitted bottom and top.

At this time I built the smoke stack and used a block of wood to simulate the boiler. Since I'm not adding lights to this part of the structure the block painted black will do just fine. The stack is a length of aluminum tubing with a 3-d printed cap and a laser-cut collar for the support wires. I did deviate from the instruction a bit as I found it was easier to add some things (like the doors)  before the roof went on.

I did come across a small problem with the smoke stack. There is a hole in both the floor and roof for the stack but I found the roof hole didn't line up. Not a big deal, I just cut a new hole and installed the stack.

I did change up the roofing for the boiler room. The kit supplies tar paper for the roof but I installed corrugated roofing instead. It's painted a light gray now but I'll be weathering it before it's finished.
Awesome. I like how the walls came to life once you painted them.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
I'm sure you're getting the itch to see what it looks like on the layout - I sure am!
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
I'm looking forward to adding this to the layout as well but I first need a bit more 'urban planning' 

With the boiler house and storge shed finished, I attached them to the main structure:

I airbrushed the roof of the boiler house with polly-s rust and dirt. I first tried Vallejo rust but it came out like a semi-gloss metallic (weird)  Not pictured here are the guy wires that run from the chimney support ring to the four corners on the roof. I used some black thread for those. 
But with the main structures completed, it was time to start working on the details.

There is a set of external ductwork to be added. It's four pieces of doubled up basswood.

I attached to supplied support brackets and airbushed the ducts in a silver.

I weathered them with some drybrushing and installed them on the outside wall. 

The other larger detail are two oil storage tanks for the boiler room. There is a basic structure, that you wrap a laser cut paper shell over to make the tank.

With that made, and the legs added I soldered up their piping to the boilers

[attachment=40327]

And then installed the tanks on the boiler house side.

The project is almost done now. Just some extra detailing and weathering. I should get it dome in the next day or so.
Wow, it just keeps getting better and better. Great job.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks Tom. I finished up the kit this week with the last details.

The kit comes with a number of details, either plastic castings or these laser cut pulleys that you assemble. I ended up putting them on pallets as freshly made parts to be delivered.

The hand truck as comes in the kit as well as a couple barrels. Originally the kit came with a small concrete landing by the back door. I enlarged to to match the length on the shed and boiler room foundations.

One of the last details I added was the power meter on the shed. It's a 3d print that was included in the kit as well.

Here's a few overall pictures of the finished structure. The kit comes with some board sidewalks which are great for an earlier era than mine. I swapped them out for some concrete sidewalk from Bar Mills. 

The back is a interesting as the front. I like the signage with the gooseneck lamps. I'm planning on adding a jib crane (from Tichy) when the building gets installed on the layout.

(03-03-2023, 08:44 PM)cnrglen Wrote: Thanks Tom. I finished up the kit this week with the last details.

The kit comes with a number of details, either plastic castings or these laser cut pulleys that you assemble. I ended up putting them on pallets as freshly made parts to be delivered.

The hand truck as comes in the kit as well as a couple barrels. Originally the kit came with a small concrete landing by the back door. I enlarged to to match the length on the shed and boiler room foundations.

One of the last details I added was the power meter on the shed. It's a 3d print that was included in the kit as well.

Here's a few overall pictures of the finished structure. The kit comes with some board sidewalks which are great for an earlier era than mine. I swapped them out for some concrete sidewalk from Bar Mills. 

The back is a interesting as the front. I like the signage with the gooseneck lamps. I'm planning on adding a jib crane (from Tichy) when the building gets installed on the layout.
Are you telling me that the pictures didn't come through? I can see them on my end.
No, the pictures are fine and are all there.  I'm not sure why my post contains a quote from yours, as I was only trying to compliment you on the build, which looks great and also like it was a lot of fun to do.

Wayne
Okay, 
Thanks Wayne, it was fun and challenging, but that's what makes it worth it.

I hooked up a 12volt power supply to the lights:

The lights are a bit bright, I'll probably run them on 9 volts on the layout but it lets you see the interior details.
Awesome project! It was nice to watch from start to finish. Inspiration for all of us.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Looking real good! It has come together nicely. Should be a great addition.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks guys. I'm currently working out the city planning on the layout and have a rough idea as to where the shop will go. 
I do have two more kits from Interaction:

I'm going to wait a bit to build the work boat, but I want to build the hoarder's shipment soon.
Somehow you must integrate Indiana Jones and the Ark of the Covenant with that Hoarder's Shipment!