Unkown maker
ok here are some photos of a car one of my boys brought to me. it is cast resin with no makers name on it, it is a heavy well detailed car inside and out weighing in at 8 oz with any added weight the trucks are central valley that's the only thing I found on it was CV on trucks. any ideas as to maker?
Jim

Attached Files Image(s)

Walthers used to offer passenger car kits, at least in the '40s but maybe even earlier than that.  The underbody shown makes me think that it might be from Walthers, and the cast-metal steps are definitely from Walthers, as I have several pairs of them, bought at various hobbyshops, which are now long gone.  The vents on the clerestory roof also look like Walthers castings.

That, of course, doesn't mean that it's a Walthers kit, as the cast resin bodyshell seems unusual.  I've never built an old-time Walthers passenger car kit, but as best I can recall, the car-sides were metal stampings.

Wayne
(12-12-2022, 02:24 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: Walthers used to offer passenger car kits, at least in the '40s but maybe even earlier than that.  The underbody shown makes me think that it might be from Walthers, and the cast-metal steps are definitely from Walthers, as I have several pairs of them, bought at various hobbyshops, which are now long gone.  The vents on the clerestory roof also look like Walthers castings.

That, of course, doesn't mean that it's a Walthers kit, as the cast resin bodyshell seems unusual.  I've never built an old-time Walthers passenger car kit, but as best I can recall, the car-sides were metal stampings.

Wayne

Wayne the floor is  wood  with the steps are metal looks like there epoxied on the roof vents metal glued to roof the inside lights are glued on, sides are resin, i have several of the old Walthers kits and the sides are stamped metal ends are a casting, roof and floor are wood, so some one might have upgraded this with resin sides and ends but they weigh nowhere close to 8 oz .
Jim
Hello,

for comparison this is a original Walther's kit:
[Image: dsc0190015fxo.jpg]
The floor was started to built. A lot of woodcrafting is necessary. Car sides are embossed tin can sheet, ends and some details are pot metal or pewter, some staples for steps and grab irons, the rest of the parts are basswood.
The diaphragms are not included in the kit, they are aftermarket parts from Walther's. There are dummy couplers, bur for working ones you have to purchase Kadees and trucks also.

Lutz