A letter from Mikey and Don
Sent a donation via paypal.
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Received.... Thanks!!!!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
So, since you ruled out buying in as a partner.....

Would the software support an opt-in of sorts for light advertisements?
Otherwise, I will chip in a little just to keep the treasure-trove standing,
do you prefer one-time or reoccurring?
Playing with trains in scale 1:87 and 1:1
My modeling motto: “too many tools, but no clue”
(01-30-2023, 11:53 AM)Kitty Wrote: So, since you ruled out buying in as a partner.....

Would the software support an opt-in of sorts for light advertisements?
Otherwise, I will chip in a little just to keep the treasure-trove standing,
do you prefer one-time or reoccurring?

We made a vow when we started Big Blue to not have advertising or sponsors in any shape or form. We said that we'd shut down Big Blue before we'd accept ads and we really mean it. If you knew our history, you'd agree.

You can send us donations any time you feel like. If you have PayPal, you can do it using the "donate" button below, if not, let me know and I'll send you a mailing address. We thank you in advance... Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
You Guys do Great Work! 
The cheque is in the mail, it should be bouncing it's way to you as we speak. 2285_
Cheers, the Bear. Icon_e_smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
(01-30-2023, 04:22 PM)ezdays Wrote: We made a vow when we started Big Blue to not have advertising or sponsors in any shape or form. We said that we'd shut down Big Blue before we'd accept ads and we really mean it. If you knew our history, you'd agree.

You can send us donations any time you feel like. If you have PayPal, you can do it using the "donate" button below, if not, let me know and I'll send you a mailing address. We thank you in advance... Worship

Understandable about adds, even though I dont know that history. Went ahead and set up a monthly PayPal (I'm lazy, set and forget).

Still wanted to say, thank you both for the great work
Playing with trains in scale 1:87 and 1:1
My modeling motto: “too many tools, but no clue”
An item for auction.

The dark gray bar above is simply a ruler to help keep the page flat.

below are a couple of sample pages.

The book is 8X5X1.75.

Tom

NOTE:  SHIPPING WILL BE TO UNITED STATES ONLY.  The proceeds from the bid will go to Blue and I will pay shipping.
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Thank you much Tom, we will be opening a separate thread in a week or so to auction this off, so everyone think about the highest you'd like to bid for this and get ready to bid it when the auction opens.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(01-31-2023, 06:57 AM)FiatFan Wrote: An item for auction.

The dark gray bar above is simply a ruler to help keep the page flat.

below are a couple of sample pages.

The book is 8X5X1.75.

Tom

NOTE:  SHIPPING WILL BE TO UNITED STATES ONLY.  The proceeds from the bid will go to Blue and I will pay shipping.

Hello Tom---this is a very generous offer of a very rare book.Perhaps you may want to consider posting this on other web-sites as well as BigBlue as there may be many more interested buyers who may pay top dollar for this book.If you are still willing to donate the money from the transaction that would be outstanding.
We received an e-mail from Paypal stating that we can also open a Venmo account.
If anyone feels more comfortable using Venmo, please PM me for the link to donate.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Ed - I'm not sure how that would go over on other sites - asking people to spend money to support a competitor. Keep in mind that most hobby sites are run, yes for the hobby, but also to make some advertising dollars for the owner of the site. I would be interested in hearing how that could work.

Tom

(02-01-2023, 06:51 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Ed - I'm not sure how that would go over on other sites - asking people to spend money to support a competitor.  Keep in mind that most hobby sites are run, yes for the hobby, but also to make some advertising dollars for the owner of the site.  I would be interested in hearing how that could work.

Tom

Tom, I think you're right. There is a lack of camaraderie between sites, not that there's any discord like there was with "2 Guys", just that there's rarely any contact. They may turn a profit from ads and sponsors, we have to get our support from things like auctions, and they may not be so willing to help.

If it's OK with you, I'll copy your photos and open an auction for the book after the 15th.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Tom and Don---I wasn't thinking of posting on other sites on behalf of BigBlue---I was thinking more of a private sale by Tom that may create a larger market of interested buyers.Again I want to thank Tom on his very generous offering to the BigBlue auction.
(02-01-2023, 09:16 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: Hello Tom and Don---I wasn't thinking of posting on other sites on behalf of BigBlue---I was thinking more of a private sale by Tom that may create a larger market of interested buyers.Again I want to thank Tom on his very generous offering to the BigBlue auction.

Yeah, I figured as much, but still, posting on another forum and the word gets out by someone and right off someone there gets upset. Your intentions are good and I see nothing wrong with it if we had some relationships between forums, but I guess I'm still burning from those episodes with 2 Guys fifteen years ago like it was last week. They've been long gone, and we miss them so.... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don - that's fine with me.

Ed - I hope it brings a significant sum to Blue. I cherish the virtual friends I have made over the years, even though I've never met anyone in person.

Tom