Our second 2023 auction, Car Builders Dictionary
We are offering a copy of the Car Builders Dictionary, 1879 and republished in 1971. The book measures 8' X 5"X 1.75" and is in fair condition for it's age. The book is being donated by our member, FiaFan, and  will be shipped from his address. The donor of this book has generously offered to pay shipping charges on this item, so consider that when you make your bid. We will limit that to the Contiguous US and Canada though.

Now, let’s get started. We are offering this over 50-year old book to the highest bidder. Here are the bidding rules:
  1. There is no minimum bid and no reserve, the highest bidder at the time the auction closes will get the book.

2. Please keep you bid raises in increments of at least fifty cents and preferably a dollar or more. 

3. You can bid publicly by posting it in this thread. This thread is for bidding only; any comments or questions should be made in this "questions" thread or  by PM to either ezdays or ngauger. Non-bid posts will be deleted from this thread.

4. If you want to enter an anonymous bid (just like the rich and famous do), you can PM either ezdays or ngauger and we will bid on your behalf, (we will post the bid amount, but keep your name confidential, just like at those big auction houses). You may also want to give us the maximum you would want to go and we’ll bid for you by adding fifty cents above the last bid, up the maximum that you have set, again, just like Christie’s does for the big boys.

5. The auction will run until midnight, EST, February 25th, at which time we will announce the winner and ship the book to them.

6. The successful bidder will pay all shipping costs. It will be shipping from the US via USPS mail or UPS if cheaper.

7. Payment can be by PayPal, check or MO. We will give the winner instructions on how and where to pay.

Remember, 100% of the proceeds from this auction is to help keep Big Blue running, so we are depending on you for your support and hope to give something back in return.

Good luck to you all.

Don (ezdays) and Mikey (ngauger)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40110]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40104]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40105]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40107]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40106]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40108]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40109]
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Remember, our bidding period is only ten days, so let's get started, who'll give me five, do I hear five, someone open this with a five dollar bill.... Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just a reminder, you need to put in a bid if you want to get this book. You many never read it, but it will make a nice addition to your railroad book collection, so how about a bid, even a small one is welcome... Welcome come on Welcome  please Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Big announcement, Tom (Fiat Fan) has offered to pay the shipping on this item in addition to donating the book. We thank Tom for his generosity Applause and hope this inspires someone to start the bidding. Waiting  We will limit free shipping to the contiguous US and Canada though.

This is a rare opportunity to get an antique railroad book to add to your collection and to help Big Blue in the process.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
____
(02-15-2023, 10:46 AM)ezdays Wrote: Big announcement, Tom (Fiat Fan) has offered to pay the shipping on this item in addition to donating the book. We thank Tom for his generosity Applause and hope this inspires someone to start the bidding. Waiting  We will limit free shipping to the contiguous US and Canada though.

This is a rare opportunity to get an antique railroad book to add to your collection and to help Big Blue in the process.

Gotta keep kicking this sucker until someone bids or the bidding   time runs outs... Icon_e_sad
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I have received an anonymous bid for 5.00 for this fancy car book Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Now we're going, I see five, do I hear ten????? Ten is a fraction of what this book is work, a keepsake, don't read it, it's not a novel, but it is ahem, novel in that it is something that you don't have in your collection and should. Come on, someone wants this book, how about someone else wanting it even more?  I have five, let's hear ten. 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Is ten too much? Well, we'll take any bid, there's just three days before we close this auction, let's not let this slip by you. We have five bid, who'll give more? Sure glad we don't pay an auctioneer on a percentage... or at all for that matter... Our auctioneers are highly untrained novices and need a boost in their moral, so bid to help these budding wannabees...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK, we are down to the last hours of this nail-biting auction. You have until tomorrow night to get your bids in. I know that there'll be a last minute rush of bids, so we've arranged to have a bank of operators standing by to take your phone bids just in case this thread is overloaded with other bidders. Do not disappoint yourself by waiting too long and miss out on a potential antique reproduction, which in itself is now defined as "vintage" or "retro" based on age.

Go for it, you get a nice railroad book and help Big Blue stay around in the process. Remember, there are no shipping charges thanks to the donor.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(02-20-2023, 01:18 PM)ngauger Wrote: I have received an anonymous bid for 5.00 for this fancy car book Smile Smile

Mikey, looks like your anonymous bidder is the winner. You can talk to Tom and make arrangements. Congrats to whoever that might be.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and