An HO kind of question
A question, I have an HO Athearn piggy-back trailer kit that I will put up for auction or sell direct if it's worth doing. The kit dates back to the 70's and appears complete. There is usually two in a box, but this one has one plus a few extra wheels and the instruction sheet. If there is any interest I will offer it up at auction, otherwise I'll accept a reasonable offer. So my question, is there enough interest to make it worth the effort to auction it? It's marked, "The Milwaukee Road" and I'll post photos when needed.

Let me know what's best, auction, sell direct or junk it 'cause it's not my scale... Remember, all proceeds go to sustain Big Blue
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don

Don't junk it. If that is the case then I could take it off your hands. Worse case I would use it for parts since I have about six of them.

A few questions?
Length of the flat car? 50 ft?
Length of the trailer? Usually the blue box kits had two 20 ft trailers. There were some that had one 40 ft trailer.

If you could post a photo that would help with any decision.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
I could Tom, but first I'm hoping for a way to add a few bucks to the Big Blue bank account. I know this isn't in the big buck or collector's category, that's why I'm asking if it's worth the effort.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don, I understand.

If it is the 50 ft flat with two trailers blue box kit and it were complete they usually sell for about $15 to $20 on eBay.

Of course you could do the thing our local PBS station does. For a $50 donation you'll get this one of a kind TOFC kit while supplies last (which won't be long since we have only one).
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
It's an HO 40' one and going for $15.00 and up on eBay for a two pack. If there's little interest in an auction, I'll just sell this one trailer (with extra wheels) to anyone with a reasonable offer and is willing to pay the shipping. Remember, this is a fund raiser, whatever it gets goes to support Big Blue, so pay no mind for what they're going for on eBay, we do not get anything from those sales.. Nope

Like Tom says, this is a one-off opportunity, once this is gone, there are no more. This one is 50 years old, is in the original box and as such, has antique value, so offer high and offer quick before someone snatches it away from you.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Tell you what, if someone would donate $5.00 to Big Blue, I'll send this to them postpaid, US and Canada only though. Like I said, that's the only reason offering it up in the first place, we're on a fund drive so we don't have to plead for the next year or two.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(02-24-2023, 02:18 PM)ezdays Wrote: Tell you what, if someone would donate $5.00 to Big Blue, I'll send this to them postpaid, US and Canada only though. Like I said, that's the only reason offering it up in the first place, we're on a fund drive so we don't have to plead for the next year or two.

Don, I can use that so I will donate 25 dollars and regular ground postage is fine. I will also donate 10 bucks to cover postage. 
Charlie
(02-24-2023, 11:19 PM)Charlie B Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 02:18 PM)ezdays Wrote: Tell you what, if someone would donate $5.00 to Big Blue, I'll send this to them postpaid, US and Canada only though. Like I said, that's the only reason offering it up in the first place, we're on a fund drive so we don't have to plead for the next year or two.

Don, I can use that so I will donate 25 dollars and regular ground postage is fine. I will also donate 10 bucks to cover postage. 
Charlie
Wow Charlie, for that I think I'd hand carry it... well, I  would if it wasn't snowing. I think I have your address, I'll let you know if I don't. Thank you much, really.... Worship Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
A Milwaukee trailer is being unloaded right now in Taftton thanks to the Big Blue shipping company.     Charlie
Nice Charlie... Applause 

And thanks again....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and