Log cabin, outhouse
Well, I thought that the outhouse needed it own thread, it's a rule to keep it away from any other structure, so I am.

This is a lot smaller than the other two, but easier since I made it in traditional upright boards rather than logs. Note the size, just about right for a two-hole structure, about 4' x 8' x 7'H. Just a bit smaller than a US dime. Now I need to build Pioneer Park and include all three structures along with some picnic benches.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I tried cleaning it up a bit. It's not easy, I put it down for a few seconds and it's lost, Waiting 'tis just a bit small. I have one brush that has about four bristles on it for detail work but even that is too large to work with.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don,

you be really not shy of any challenges. When others have give up long before, you simply did it.  Icon_eek
Try a 2 bristle brush, i am absolutely convinced you will mad(e) it.

Worship 

Lutz
(11-02-2022, 05:29 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Don,

you be really not shy of any challenges. When others have give up long before, you simply did it.  Icon_eek

Try a 2 bristle brush, i am absolutely convinced you will mad(e) it.
  Worship 
Lutz

Thank you Lutz, turns out that I have more patience than brains at times. 35 I have heard of people working on miniatures using just a singe hair as a brush. Not much paint held in my brush, so talk about people with patience, those folks put me to shame. The thing is that at two feet away, it's hard to distinguish any details on this structure and at four feet, it just looks like a big square gray blob so I'm not sure why I'm so wrapped up getting better details, but I keep trying because I don't know when to quit. Crazy
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Looks great Don!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thank you Mike, I've cleaned it up a bit more but no matter what I do, it still doesn't change much, so I'm going to accept what I have and move on. The hardest part of this one was to make it functional. A two-holer (adult/child) was easy. Making the two Sears catalogs drove me crazy until I decided to cheat a bit and not print the individual pages.... Waiting 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
"I decided to cheat a bit and not print the individual pages."

Really Don!!!! Now you will just have to start over.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(11-06-2022, 03:22 PM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: "I decided to cheat a bit and not print the individual pages."

Really Don!!!! Now you will just have to start over.

Well, I am a bit embarrassed for my lack of dedication, but laying out 512 pages, .06" x .075", was becoming a bit hard on my eyes. I did pre-stain them brown though so nobody will notice. Icon_e_surprised
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Dang - that looks nice!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->