Charlie b's layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Charlie b's layout (/showthread.php?tid=2463)

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 06-29-2010

I managed to get the ceiling finished and the fans and lights installed. I got the final trim boards cut and painted for the exterior of the building.
I worked one of the walls tonight three more to go. Place is still cluttered, but the material is being placed where it is supposed to be.
I made the lights from railroad lanterns that are sold at the family dollar store for 3 bucks. I had to buy the 1/8 pipe nipples, sockets and nuts, so I have about 8 bucks in each one, but they really look good, and there is plenty of light for me, and it is a nice warm light.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - P5se Camelback - 06-29-2010

... And there, over by the far wall ... Old Glory! Thanks, Charlie!

Re: Charlie b's layout - Gary S - 06-29-2010

Love the lights Charlie. Perfect!

Re: Charlie b's layout - OBJack - 07-01-2010

Ahhhhhh, Charlie. Cheers

Brilliant.

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 07-01-2010

OBJack Wrote:Ahhhhhh, Charlie. Cheers

Brilliant.

Was that a pun? Icon_lol

Re: Charlie b's layout - nachoman - 07-01-2010

That's very creative with those lights Thumbsup

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 07-03-2010

Hi Blue,
I'm only posting one picture of the outside with the trim installed and painted. The outside is done for a while. I need to paint the whole building the same color but that is going to have to wait until things get cooler.
I finished the interior walls tonight with the exception of the dry wall around my little room which only needs to be painted in the morning. Then all the walls are done.
I've decided to paint the floor to protect it until I decide what I'm going to use. I may be able to score some free carpet from my brothers. They are keeping me in mind. Occasionally someone will change carpet for no other reason except they are tired of the color. In that case, I'm not fussy. I used a white vinyl floor in the model building room so I can find all the parts that fly so I think carpet might keep some parts from flying if we have a hi-dive from the table. Icon_lol
Happy holiday to everyone.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - faraway - 07-04-2010

That is a great building. Be proud, you did a great job! My congratulation.

Re: Charlie b's layout - OBJack - 07-04-2010

Charlie B Wrote:
OBJack Wrote:Ahhhhhh, Charlie. Cheers
Brilliant.
Was that a pun? Icon_lol
OK.
You are onto me. :oops:
Yes, sorry Charlie, it wasn't my best. But that doesn't detract from the marvelous job you have done on you train lair, and honestly, I lurrve your innovate choice of light fittings man. Way to go. Worship

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 07-04-2010

A good days work today. All done but a little trim. Goldth  EDIT, MAY 2018. THE LANTERNS DID NOT ALLOW ENOUGH LIGHT SO HAD TO BE CHANGED.

Re: Charlie b's layout - Steamtrains - 07-04-2010

WoW...Now THAT'S a train room..!! Sure looks different with all the stuff out of the way. Now you're all set to build that dream layout... Thumbsup

Good idea having a fire extinguisher handy. Hope it's never needed...

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 07-04-2010

A great-lookin' space, Charlie. Thumbsup Thumbsup Now :hey: get crackin' on the layout. Icon_lol Misngth Icon_lol

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 07-04-2010

Aw...at least let the paint dry. 357

Re: Charlie b's layout - Gary S - 07-05-2010

Great space Charlie. You done good! Looking forward to the layout.

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 07-05-2010

Thanks Everyone for your words of encouragement. There were many times that was what it took to get me jump started.
Today will be another grass cutting day. I didn't plan on building work anyhow.
Charlie