Charlie b's layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Charlie b's layout (/showthread.php?tid=2463)

Re: Charlie b's layout - Bob C - 02-04-2011

Charlie, you are truly blessed...with a total lack of conviction that there is anything you can't do !!! You just go ahead and "Git 'er Done !"...and beautifully. I admire and salute you ! Worship Bob C.

Re: Charlie b's layout - cn nutbar - 02-04-2011

Great work Charlie---looks like you're really enjoying yourself

Re: Charlie b's layout - nachoman - 02-04-2011

Hey!! That backdrop certainly does the job. Very nice (and quick!) work!

Re: Charlie b's layout - RailCop - 02-11-2011

Hey guys, I'm gitt'n in here before Charlie does to tell you about yesterday. I stopped by to visit. He had a section where he wanted to install a tunnel portal for motor vehicles. I told him I would mix the plaster and fill the moulds to make some castings. Well, as soon as I had a couple hardened enough he grabbed them and threw them in place. He was using them as fast as I could mix the mud. He installed the portal and about a dozen rock castings in about two hours. Today he sent me some pics and I am stunned at how great the rocks look with paint and highlights. The portal is painted, the rocks are painted, THE WHOLE DARN SCENE IS COMPLETED.....all in less than 24 hours (includes coffee breaks, potty breaks, dinner and sleep time Goldth . I'm sure he'll post a shot or two.

Re: Charlie b's layout - Ralph - 02-11-2011

RailCop, I'm envious of your ability to see and work with Charlie's layout!
Ralph

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 02-11-2011

Here is one of Kevin helping install the backboards last July, and a couple of the finished work from yesterday.
It is a real blessing to have someone close enough to come give a hand, or just a little push to get moving after slowing down a bit.
The encouragement from my friends here are a great help too. So thanks guys.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - rrinker - 02-11-2011

I like those trucks - era appropriate for my layout too, who's are they?

--Randy

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 02-12-2011

rrinker Wrote:I like those trucks - era appropriate for my layout too, who's are they?

--Randy
Randy, the trucks are Classic Metal Works, I got them from M B Klein a couple of years ago.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Gary S - 02-12-2011

Some good looking scenes there Charlie. The backdrop is looking good too. You've made some great progress over the last year!

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 02-12-2011

Thanks Gary, glad to see you have some free moments. I sure hope it is warming up for you guys in Texas. We need a warm up here, but this is winter.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 02-26-2011

It's still too cold for me to get too excited about going to the train room, but I did have time to do a little work on one area, which finishes up all but one siding for track work.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout OT - Charlie B - 03-03-2011

Well, this weeks report is really sparse as far as the layout is concerned. I got involved with one of my other loves in life and had to pick up a furkid that we are fostering for Samoyed rescue. With the 5 hours driving on Tuesday, and spending a day socializing him with our two, and the vet trip today, and being lucky enough to find an approved home, our first foster will be a brief, but pleasant experience. I've done some transport, and pulled another one from a kill shelter last year and took him to rescue and it makes you feel pretty good to save one of these guys. It is so sad that we can't save them all. there are too many irresponsible breeders and too many folks won't neuter or spay their pets.
This fellows adopter will pick him up here next Wednesday.    
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - cn nutbar - 03-03-2011

He's a beauty Charlie---fortunately there are good people like yourself and Mary to save these beautiful animals

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 03-03-2011

Thanks Ed, but it is all pleasure. How are your Brother's Sammies doing?
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - cn nutbar - 03-03-2011

hi Charlie---are you talking about '' the King of the castle''--- he rules the roost in my brother's world but they love him all the same Icon_lol