Charlie b's layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Charlie b's layout (/showthread.php?tid=2463)

Re: Charlie b's layout - P5se Camelback - 03-03-2011

That young man looks happy to be hangin' out with you!

Pretty Pup!
Have you ever read ...
Rescuing Sprite ... by Mark Levin?
Now that I know that you rescue the doggies,
I'm sure that you and Mary will love it!
... Guaranteed!

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 03-04-2011

Bil, I'm sure my furkids have a lot to do with it. He is a good boy and his new dad is going to train him to be a therapy dog. I think he will pass with flying colors.
I know I will miss him, but we will see him from time to time.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - P5se Camelback - 03-04-2011

I know the bond that can be developed with a dog ... there is no living thing more loyal, more protective, more "there for you" than a dog!

I grew up with a Cocker Spaniel and then German Shephards ... three of them, one after another. The Cocker saved me from drowning as a toddler. One of the Shephards came to the rescue of my Clergyman father from a panhandler who physically pulled him out the front door of the house one hot summer night, and the last one repelled and held down an attacker until the Police arrived when my mother had him out in the yard (that had a 5-ft. high decorative wrought iron fence around it) for his "evening constitutional" at 11 PM one night in downtown Scranton, PA.

Dogs are definitely special animals! I wish I could have one right one now to keep me company, but my lease won't allow it, unfortunately.

If you haven't yet read it, pick up a copy of Rescuing Sprite, a book about rescuing a "shelter dog" from being "destroyed" and nursing it back to health ... a truely heart-warming "tale of tails" it will bring a tear to the eyes of the most macho dog lover among us!

Re: Charlie b's layout - Gary S - 03-06-2011

Gotta love the pups! As biL said, what more loving and loyal animal will you ever find?

Try this experiment... lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for 2 hours. Then open the trunk, and see which one of them is happy to see you. 357

There has never been a single day that my Pom "Daisy" wasn't happy to see me when I got home from work. 2285_

Charlie, you are a special person for doing what you do. And that is definitely one beautiful dog there!

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 03-27-2011

Well, the weather here is still cold, but my wife told me to go do some yard work, so always the guy to do as I'm told:    

I tried to get the yard to look like it had been used and abused with some rough looking track. I think some rust on the rails will make it look OK, and a few cars sitting around will help too. It isn't as rough as the picture shows. A few weeds here and there and some more litter ought to make it pass.    
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Gary S - 03-27-2011

You did a good job in capturing the look of old track with some "less-than-perfect" spots. With the weeds added, it's gonna llok good. Thumbsup

I liked your "wife said to do some yard work" quip. Big Grin

Re: Charlie b's layout - Ralph - 03-27-2011

"Do yard work.." Love it! Goldth "Go work on the car" would be a good too! Smile

Re: Charlie b's layout - Gary S - 03-27-2011

How about "the house needs painting"

Re: Charlie b's layout - Ralph - 03-27-2011

Sure enough! "Gotta fix the wiring.." Smile

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 03-27-2011

I can see that I'm way out of my league here. Icon_lol
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - cn nutbar - 03-27-2011

Looking good Charlie---that reminds me,I've got some yard work to do as well---lucky for me Doctor Wayne has offered to lend a helping hand :hey:

Re: Charlie b's layout - nachoman - 03-27-2011

Buncha cut-ups in here Smile Nice yard work, Charlie. A bet your wife didn't expect you to be adding weeds to the yard!

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 04-02-2011

I got a chance to do some work on the engine facility. I need some more paint on the building trim, repair smoke stacks and install lights and glazing, but that will wait for better weather.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Gary S - 04-02-2011

Hey Charlie B, even though having a large trainroom and layout may seem daunting on occasion, with all the work that needs to be accomplished, you gotta admit, it's pretty danged fun too! You're making good progress, the yard and service track plan look super.

Re: Charlie b's layout - Ralph - 04-03-2011

I like the engine house! Thumbsup
Ralph