Charlie b's layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Charlie b's layout (/showthread.php?tid=2463)

Re: Charlie b's layout - Puddlejumper - 12-27-2013

Charlie B Wrote:maybe the Gauge could get an 8X10 sheet of all the private lines artwork and information and have decal sheets made to sell as a fund raiser. With the KPW, ANNA, EG&E, GERN, L&SW, Midland Gulf, and all the rest I can't remember it would make an interesting decal sheet.
Charlie

This is such a great idea. I would buy a set. Maybe we can start a new thread, and have each person who would like to participate submit artwork and have 1 person handle the order.

Dave

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 12-27-2013

Wayne did those decal sheets for Bil's road and they were very nicely done. I still have enough to do a couple more cars. I think Wayne did those as a memorial for Bil because I don't think he even broke even on them. We don't need the data, just the initials, numbers and logos, and we will need the small end lettering too.
I made my own decals for the KP&W but the paper I have is old, and I think I may have used too much clear.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 12-30-2013

The background building elves were at work over the week end and got some mounted to plywood and cut out.    
A mixed freight emerges from a tunnel on the way to the interchange    

Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - e-paw - 12-30-2013

Can you send some of those elves over to my house,,, I could use em.

Hi Steve,

I can't send the elves, but I would be glad to send the files. I take the pictures, take them into Photoshop elements and try to get as much camera distortion as possible out of the picture, find something I can measure to get close to scale, then print them out. Sometimes you have to alter the terrane and I like to change the names of the business places. I like to save them as PDF files so I can be sure they print the right size. I was gluing them to plywood then spraying them with matt finish, but the spray was softening the glue. I just finished one more building and I am going to try spraying the print first, then glue it down.
When I finish them I will paint the edges so they match the fronts. I have lots of time in manipulating them but it adds to the background without taking a lot from my pocket.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 12-30-2013

That's a very effective technique, Charlie, and it looks just as good in person, too. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I am getting to understand the photo program a little more. You will recognise this one.    

The place I want to use it needed to have the loading platform reversed. I had to do a little changing, including a couple signs that did not work for the 50's

I'll see what I get tomorrow after the clear dries on the print.    

Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 12-30-2013

You've done some nice subtle changes to that. Do you suppose that Preiser might make an appropriate stand-in for the miller's daughter? Wink Goldth

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - Gary S - 12-31-2013

Charlie B, those scenes look great. I especially like the mixed freight emerging from the tunnel. Thumbsup

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 12-31-2013

doctorwayne Wrote:You've done some nice subtle changes to that. Do you suppose that Preiser might make an appropriate stand-in for the miller's daughter? Wink Goldth

Wayne
Are you refering to the good looking blonde with the adequate front porch?
Icon_lol
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 12-31-2013

She was blonde? Misngth Misngth

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 01-03-2014

Gary, thanks for the compliment, I am a covered wagon fan, but the ALCO's were great looking.
I got a little work done on background buildings but I need a great backdrop painted for them. I don't have any pictures that give me what I want so I may have to wait until spring and go to the locations and take some. I am gradually filling in the blanks, and I have taken some time to go back and fix little details that aren't seen until I post the pictures online. Trying to keep warm.

Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Tyson Rayles - 01-03-2014

Looking good Charlie!

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 01-12-2014

Still working on backdrop cutouts. Here are some photos.                
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - e-paw - 01-12-2014

Are those sharks that I see in the 040 pic Charlie ????