Charlie b's layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Charlie b's layout (/showthread.php?tid=2463)

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 12-14-2017

Wayne, I have been in limbo for sure. I have found some inspiration to get some things done. I almost messed up though, I have some Jordan kits to build so I started with a 1923 Mack hook and ladder truck which my hometown actually had one. I know these kits are really not for me but I have made this a one part applied every other day or so. Worse case scenario will be it finds a spot in a junk yard. Goldth
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 12-14-2017

Yeah, some of the Jordan kits can be a bit fussy to build, but with some care, can be very nice models. In my opinion, one of their nicest ones (assembly-wise) is the '28 Model A sedan, and I have several.

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 12-14-2017

More progress on the coal bridge today.         [     Maybe another 4 hours to finish.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Tyson Rayles - 12-16-2017

Thumbsup Cheers

Re: Charlie b's layout - MountainMan - 12-17-2017

Nice... Thumbsup

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 12-18-2017

That's coming along very nicely, Charlie. Thumbsup Applause Applause Thumbsup Nice to see at least one of us getting stuff done.

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 12-18-2017

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I have been concerned about the end going to space, but I have seen layouts with highways to heaven so I guess I can have a coal bridge to heaven. I worked on it again last night putting some lights on it. I didn't take any updated photos. I'll try to finish it today and move on to another project.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 12-18-2017

The lights are installed, and the buggies built and filled.     Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 12-18-2017

Good to see it in-service, Charlie! Applause Applause Applause

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - Tyson Rayles - 12-19-2017

Thumbsup Cheers

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 12-20-2017

I put some water spouts on today and hired a crew to shovel coal. I see 3 are already hiding and the other 2 are conversing. At least one of the guys has a shovel. They best be moving because once the glue sets they will be there forever. :mrgreen:     Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 12-21-2017

Charlie B Wrote:....They best be moving because once the glue sets they will be there forever....

Hey, it's a good way to keep 'em on the job. Thumbsup Employees of the month forever! Misngth

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 12-21-2017

Taking on water.     Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Amalynn - 12-25-2017

This looks amazing, Charlie. I really like the pole building you put together to go in it.

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 02-19-2018

Several years ago at one of our Samoyed Rescue parties in N Carolina our friend from Australia brought this kit for me. I completed it and it is in a temporary location on the layout.
Her name is Leanne so I had to let her have her own business.    
Charlie