Charlie b's layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Charlie b's layout (/showthread.php?tid=2463)

RE: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 11-27-2021

(11-27-2021, 10:43 PM)exohead Wrote: Those positional signals are so pretty. Who made the brass K4s? :o

I think it is from Pacific Fast Mail
Charlie

RE: Charlie b's layout - Amalynn - 11-28-2021

Oh those are supposed to be super nice

RE: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 09-21-2022

I installed some new LED lights today so I thought it would be the time to take some overall views of the layout. These may give you all a better idea of how it is laid out.                                                 

RE: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 09-21-2022

And a few more.                                    
Charlie

RE: Charlie b's layout - TMo - 09-21-2022

Love that 4-track main! Makes me jealous for space!

RE: Charlie b's layout - BR60103 - 09-21-2022

That's even more of those lights than I have! I can't put them in the layout room without a major change of all the light fixtures.

RE: Charlie b's layout - UP SD40-2 - 09-21-2022

Charlie, I have been buying those lights to replace my current lighting too, they really work great!

ALSO, WOW!! Icon_e_surprised , I am so impressed with your layout   Applause Applause , your really doing a Fantastic job on it Applause Icon_e_biggrin . 
I sure wish I had that much room, too, I am so jealous Icon_e_biggrin .

RE: Charlie b's layout - tompm - 09-21-2022

Great looking layout!

RE: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 09-21-2022

Geez Charlie...those aerial views had me to starting to think that Barney Secord was at work, but since I didn't notice any empty bottles laying on the layout, I gotta give you full credit for the layout photos.  Nicely presented. Worship Worship Worship

Wayne

RE: Charlie b's layout - ezdays - 09-22-2022

OMG, that layout looks larger than my house. Beautifully executed, great photos. Worship Worship Worship Worship

RE: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 09-22-2022

There is a lot of clutter to find storge space for. It is getting hard to run trains. I plan to build wooden foamed line boxes to store the locomotives and the boxes will be long enough to store steam locomotives with the tenders attached. I don't think removing the plugs constantly is a good idea and I have found that a sliver cut from 12 guage wire insulation will slip over the tender pin to keep the drawbar in place.  
   I am currently soaking some locomotives in super clean to remove the paint so they can be "rosterized" 
Charlie

RE: Charlie b's layout - Schraddel - 09-24-2022

Charlie,

Applause But admit, you have purchased these LEDs from GERN; 3% more brightness. Goldth

Lutz

RE: Charlie b's layout - Tyson Rayles - 10-01-2022

Very nice!

RE: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 01-10-2023

I have a few more photos that I want to post here just so they are on the web.  Icon_e_biggrin                         Charlie

RE: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 01-10-2023

And just a few more.                             

Charlie