BOeC layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: BOeC layout (/showthread.php?tid=7103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Re: BOeC layout - MLW - 01-08-2016

Yes the dog at Jerry's place.

Remember Jerry?
At the beginning of this story?
Who live across the river?

Anyways that's his dog:

Charle and Oscar are on their way to see "Lévesque" in St-Haycinthe before heading out of town.
Driving along at good speed under the St-Hyacinthe yard railroad bridge...

Maybe a bit too fast?

Charle was muttering to himself about the incompetence of CN Dispatch..

- Charle: " Morons! Y'know Oscar, not even a replacement boxcar, not a darn train in sight.."
- Oscar: " Ya! not a train at all ! "

There's no way they could have known that, far to the east at Bois D'arcy to be exact, a short CN freight was westbound to St-Hyacinthe:

With brand new boxcar in tow!
I know what you are thinking: Is it for them at last?
Good question!

Crazy

Re: BOeC layout - faraway - 01-08-2016

Wow, what a beautiful scenery Thumbsup

Without incident they made the short distance in good time

St-Hyacinthe was not extremely busy at this particular time:

What and who was « Lévesque » anyways?
Why this stop along the way?

In any case they arrived.

-Charle: " Oscar my friend, we're here. I won't be long."
-Oscar: " Alright, I'll be going to Maxime in the meantime."
-Charle: " Ha?"

Who's Maxime?

Crazy

Meanwhile Joe and Zette are making good time...the wrong way

They took the wrong turn and are heading......towards Quebec city ! Wallbang
Luckily for them the traffic was quite fluid on A20 (Highway 20) at the moment:

However some nagging doubts started to creep in...
-Joe: " It's taking longer then I expected ! There is not much traffic on this highway either!" I wonder...
-Zette: " The tracks beside us seems abandoned too "

The tracks looked abandoned?
There may not be any trains now, but at Drummondville, a few kilometres behind them it's another story:

Two VIA passenger trains are at the station, one just arrived and the other about to depart:

Will their scenic voyage come to an end?
Will they continue to Quebec city?
What will Joe and Zette do ?

Eek

Re: BOeC layout - doctorwayne - 01-09-2016

faraway Wrote:Wow, what a beautiful scenery Thumbsup

I agree, and not only the trees and backdrop, but the non-railroad structures, too. A lot of interesting scenes, with the thread of the railroad tracks tying them all together. Very nicely done. Applause Applause Applause Applause

Wayne

Re: BOeC layout - Tyson Rayles - 01-09-2016

Thumbsup Applause Worship

Re: BOeC layout - MLW - 01-10-2016

faraway: Thank you. I think that section of the layout is getting close to be done - scenery wise -

doctorwayne : Thanks! The structures are "ok" for now. The pictures don't do justice to it (various scenes) for
sure. This time they look, to me, "toy-like" a bit. Curse Much work/updates to be done yet. You are right, the whole point is to show/visit the layout in a different perspective, various scenes, all tied in to the
railroad, and try to make it fun at the same time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

Tyson Rayles: Thank you :oops:

Goldth

Re: BOeC layout - bdw9535 - 01-11-2016

Syl,

Enjoyed the latest episode and as always spectacular scenery and backgrounds. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Bruce

Re: BOeC layout - MLW - 06-16-2016

Well it's been a while! Time fly for sure and I'am pretty inconsistent in keeping this thread current with the latest updates/progress/improvement and story telling.

So what's new? A few things.

There has been scenery improvement (a favorite of mine), kit bashing buildings , some that are getting closer to be finished, upgrades in scenery of course, weathering of the right of way, water (i:e: Yamaska river is done, now working on a smaller river and a compressed rendition of Lachine canal by wellington street.- getting there slowly)

I've been adding to the freight fleet as well, especially for Ops. A full fledged official Ops is in the cards for this fall. It is a mix of higher end cars , mid-level cars and some Blue Box cars as well . They all get the same treatment anyway: Metal wheels, KD coupler, and standardising the weigh (slightly heavier then accepted standard) and a bit of weathering (time permitting)

There is also the short (8 feet) expansion that will be used as staging/yard (i:e: Toronto, Pointe St-Charle, Charny. Pick your poison!) A few things to finalised before starting the actual work.

Crazy

Lucky with the Bargain bin at my LHS. Two mechanical reefer (refrigerator car) that I needed for the
future "Larocque et Fils Fruit et legumes" export business. A temporary building on site for now but it works for the OPs guys

[Image: CN4775Patine%202%20avec%20refrigirateur.jpg]

Basic BB car with metal wheels, added weight and KD coupler

[Image: CN4775Patine%203%20avec%20refrigirateur.jpg]

The Loco is Atheran Genesis GP38W-2. Runs good and sound great. Unfortunately I dropped it! It did not bounced.
It still runs good and sound great, however there's a few things......hmmm...broken. Barely noticeable. Nope
I finished the already begun weathering , might as well. We used this loco as a switcher and for short haul freight.

[Image: CN4775Patine%201b.jpg]

Goldth

Another newer additions is this guy:

[Image: FPA4%20place%20bonaventure%201.jpg]

VIA MLW FPA-4 (#6762) It runs fantastic and sounds...well....fantastic too!

[Image: FPA4%20place%20bonaventure%202.jpg]

A short video of it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XA3HHlt2zE

Wallbang

Re: BOeC layout - MLW - 06-17-2016

Some light weathering as well:

[Image: Patine%201%202016.jpg]

[Image: Patine%202%202016.jpg]

[Image: Patine%2010%202016.jpg]

[Image: Patine%2016%202016.jpg]

Cheers

Syl

Misngth

Re: BOeC layout - sailormatlac - 06-19-2016

MLW Wrote:Lucky with the Bargain bin at my LHS. Two mechanical reefer (refrigerator car) that I needed for the
future "Larocque et Fils Fruit et legumes" export business. A temporary building on site for now but it works for the OPs guys Goldth

Now you just made my day. I always hoped you would build that industry! It will look terrific. Are you planning to have the small team track with the ramp in front of the station?

I have a few old train set CN mechanical reefer similar to yours I'd like to improve and weather some day. CN 50's aluminium reefers are really great looking when dirty.

Your weathering on that Geep is terrific!!! Is it your regular acrylic paint wash technic? The orange fading is perfect.

Great and inspiring work again Syl!

Matt

Re: BOeC layout - bdw9535 - 06-20-2016

Syl,

Nicely done, again. Thumbsup

Bruce

Re: BOeC layout - Genetk44 - 06-20-2016

Beautiful modelling and weathering!!! Worship Worship Worship