question
if were in the monsoon season how come the current humidity is only 12 present?
(06-20-2024, 08:57 PM)jim currie Wrote: if were in the monsoon season how come the current humidity is only 12 present?

Because that can change in an instant. Could be 8% at 2:00 in the afternoon, and 100% at 4:00. The same goes for the temps, 115 at 2:00, 95 at 4:00 when the wind is blowing and the rain come from out of nowhere. That plus those weather folks are grossly overpaid for the results they predict.

Now another question, why is it that the TV news showed flooding and storm damage videos last night and said we were in the middle of a monsoon storm, yet the county weather map shows a trickle (.04") of rain way, way on the southeast side in Queen Creek? Talk about deepfake....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don according to my records the old monsoon season the humidity was usually above 30 presents sometimes hitting 60 or above in the evening at least here in Wellton.
on the tv weather they are more interested in ratings than the truth.
Jim
(06-21-2024, 02:06 PM)jim currie Wrote: Don according to my records the old monsoon season the humidity was usually above 30 presents sometimes hitting 60 or above in the evening at least here in Wellton.
on the tv weather they are more interested in ratings than the truth.
Jim

Yup, that's why I brought it up. They thrive the more they can create terror in their viewers minds. There was a formula for deciding when the "dust storm" season (not monsoon season) was to begin. Three days in a row where the dew point hit 55° or higher, kicked it off. Then the decided we were having monsoons and haboobs, not dust storms and that they would begin between June 15 and Sept 15, regardless of the dew point. As for the humidity, you're right, I was just being factious. 100% would wipe out half the Phoenix, Surprise and Wellton population.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD