New York & Atlantic MP15ac's
NY&A #156 & #159 w/ working ditch lights and marker lights (I did not do the lighting). I want to relocate the horns on both units to below the roof line but they're on there pretty good and also "plate" over the bottom window on the conductors side of the rear of the cab on both but not 100% sure yet.
[Image: b24880fd-4ddf-4679-a405-14e761fbf7ee_zpscaed24b9.jpg]
[Image: 11d57a1f-7e25-49ee-ace2-a4eebb4d0685_zps19b61529.jpg]
[Image: 0a358402-e4b4-4d93-9c28-26cc15ec18b7_zps5ef1b877.jpg]
[Image: 72405ead-8862-41ce-bb66-d3bb2f9ed6ab_zps4cd5fc98.jpg]
[Image: 1594_zps0b65e9a0.jpg]

Just a picture of the window im talking about
[Image: 32171270043942.jpg]
You made a great model. It looks perfect!
Reinhard
Thanks Reinhard, there's still a few things I could do to make it exact like the horn, window, handrails (replace the chains with a solid bar and shorten the ends to pass through the station platforms) I wanted to detail the interior and add a crew but I think it's too late for that since I didn't do the wiring/lighting i'm not sure I want to remove the cab and screw something up. They might have to stay the way they are, we'll see..
I have 3 NY&A gp38-2's im slowly chipping away at so I might just focus all the detailing on those.
The ditch light look great! Looking forward to seeing pics of your Geeps … reminds me that I should start working on my NYA #268 again.
Kurt
cnw1961 Wrote:The ditch light look great! Looking forward to seeing pics of your Geeps … reminds me that I should start working on my NYA #268 again.

I was going to ask you how that's been coming along since you went back to an NY&A layout
I have not worked on the engine for more than a year now. It still lokks the same as in the pic at the bottom of the first page of my layout thread. Still have a few details to do, like airtanks, air filters, railings etc.
Kurt
I found a photo of LIRR MP15AC # 166, taken in 2009, and it has the "plate/missing window", so that may have been an older "change", or perhaps it was an early option? 155 in the early green, had the window.
I did a google search on * New York and Atlantic RR+MP15AC * and then, clicked "images". You might be able to find current images in the "google search", or you might be able to get answers from the NY&A, about that detail.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:I found a photo of LIRR MP15AC # 166, taken in 2009, and it has the "plate/missing window", so that may have been an older "change", or perhaps it was an early option? 155 in the early green, had the window.
I did a google search on * New York and Atlantic RR+MP15AC * and then, clicked "images". You might be able to find current images in the "google search", or you might be able to get answers from the NY&A, about that detail.

I believe all the mp15ac's except for #151 have the plated window now, still not sure if im going to add that detail though. Also just finished the paint on one of my geeps, ill post a new thread a little later.