The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #X.. Stop In!!!
Hi all. its Monday again not much different here ac still out (thankfully the nights are cool) had to order part from maker ,i guess that's the cost of modern stuff that uses computer controls. other than that, not much going on.
Jim
Monday 5/20
Hello Blue
Just checking in. Sunday's high was 88, today the same. For us that's getting hot. Of course afternoon storms are part of the package. I turned on the A/C and was thankful, it started. It's on now to keep the house from getting too hot. Temp is 81.
A few club members spent the weekend WAY up north for a train outing stopping on the way back at a train show. No, I didn't go. 
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning, very early for me, not that I sleep late, but I've been awake since around 2:30. Got things I can do while I wait for Denny's to open, so I'm OK now, but could take a nap later on...

Not much going on here, temps are in the low to mid-90's, lots of wind yesterday but no rain. We are still a few weeks away from the start of our "monsoon" season, lots of wind and muddy rain then...

Gas at $3.99 is common, a few down to $3.79. Eggs are also down a bit, $2.27 for a dozen large at Walmart. Still not what it was before but then again, nothing else is either.

We should be starting a build challenge on June 1st and run it until Sept. 1st. I'm open for suggestions, and possibly starting a photo challenge if there's enough interest. Let me know in this thread please.

Everyone, have a great day and watch out for that crazy weather that we've been having lately.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

It's a soggy Tuesday morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 61 and rain at the moment with a possible high in the mid 70s. Rain chance is 100% along with the chance for strong storms, hail, high winds, and an occasional tornado thrown into the mix. Had 3/4 inch or fain overnight with another 1-2 inches predicted for today.

The quiet life continues today. Tomorrow the activities heat up again with more baseball for one of the great-grandsons. I just counted at least 25 games over the rest of May and June. Don't know if I'll make all of them but I will get to a lot of them. That and my Thursday evening group are the only major activities for the next few weeks.

Gas prices range from $2.89 to $3.44 Very unusual to have such a large variation. Most of the gas stations around here move in lock step.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Tuesday 5/21
Hello Blue
Sun and 88 again today. Yesterday afternoon we had a hailstorm and then a thunderstorm in the evening. Today's forecast could be the same. 
Denny's is off my food list, never had a good meal there, hope yours is better. We will be going out to lunch today. Meeting with a few of my wife's school friends.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 56 now headed for some clouds and the low 70s. Picked up another 3/4 inch of rain since yesterday. Nice tomorrow and then tomorrow night through Monday there are more chances of rain every day.

Yesterday afternoon's storm was a little intense with 50 mph winds and very heavy rain for a while. I didn't see and hail but there were tornadoes in the southern part of the state. On tap for today is some yard cleanup and a baseball game this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning, just back from breakfast and another open day. Tomorrow I see the dermatologist to deal with a continuing issue due to the intense Arizona sun. If you even want a profitable business, become a dermatologist and settle somewhere in the south half of Arizona.

SJ, I've never had anything but breakfast at Denny's. We meet there once a week and get treated like royalty by Erika. Just a really nice person, and we say that if Denny's would clone her, there would be lines waiting to get in, she's that good. The food is OK, nothing spectacular, but chatting with Erika makes up for that.

Nothing else going on, gas dropping a few pennies here and there, I understand that the government is releasing a bunch of our reserve gasoline to drive prices down, nice move until we need it later on for other reasons.

I see some violent storms hitting the Midwest, be careful, stay safe and a prayer for those affected...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I’m recovering well from the accident and back to work on the road. The mental part seems to be the hardest aspect of everything to deal with. I’ll get there with time. I’m honestly just amazed I was able to get back on the horse so quickly.
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
Don: My wife heard that dermatologist was a good specialty as there are only two creams and your patients never call in the middle of the night.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.