NY&A themed layout that needs help
I decided to attempt a layout for the new york & atlantic engines ive been working on but I have little to no space. Im going to put the layout in the alcove that I have in the living room which is 80"x40". To understand my space issue...
[Image: layout2_zpsa874aee8.jpg]

That's the benchwork so far which is, yes, under my bicycle and behind my tv.
This is the plan I made on the computer.
[Image: layout_zps88248888.jpg]
I want it to 16" deep so I can add a shelf to store all my trains and keep those drawers underneath then hide it all with a curtain or something. But the 16" depth is creating a large dead space in the front that I dont know what to do with. The tracks on the bottom left will represent this yard with sidings and transload area which im not exactly sure if it's in Queens or Brooklyn because it's right on the border but its on Grand Ave.
[Image: grand_zpsf77b5ed2.jpg]
All the other track is just sort of thrown together to see what I can fit and don't have any designated customers. I would like to hear any suggestions or for those who have layout software wanna take some time out and see what they can come up with would be greatly appreciated. Also I just realized that the totals for the length on the bottom (23, 47, 8) only come out to 78" not sure what happened but it's 80" across. It might be 24" and 9" but it doesn't matter yet because I haven't installed those sections yet. Either way i'd like to get some creative feedback and get some options, thanks in advance.
Bob

Messages In This Thread