Small Highway/Switching Layout
Spent the better part of the day working on the ramp and bridge for the shelf on the left of the layout

here are some pics, i made the entire thing out of cardboard. Now just needs a 4 lane divided highway paved on there and concrete panles installed on the walls (which will be cardstock, having them custom made)

[Image: SL372526.jpg]

[Image: SL372527.jpg]

[Image: SL372528.jpg]

[Image: SL372529.jpg]

A few shots of behind the sand bunkers. I added some paint and ground foam, next will be some bushes, rocks, trees.....

[Image: SL372530.jpg]

[Image: SL372531.jpg]

[Image: SL372532.jpg]

[Image: SL372533.jpg]

[Image: SL372534.jpg]

A few shots of the newly built bridge and ramp. Again this will be lined with concrete panels printed on cardstock. It will have a 4 lane highway running along it, 2 lanes in each directions with a k-rail divider running down the center and on either side of the bridge

[Image: SL372535.jpg]

[Image: SL372537.jpg]

This is where the last bridge part will be. This will be Washington Street and will run into the wall, connecting the bridge above, and the on-ramp to the highway. This bridge will run over across the sand bunkers and to the edge of the layout.... This will also be a 4 laned bridge, with 2 lanes in each direction and k-rail barriers down the center and on either side of the bridge

The highway under this bridge will curve into the wall. I made the mistake of layiing more highway today and i wasnt thinking of where i would have to make the highway curve into the wall, so now i have to dig up some of the new highway so i can curve it into the wall lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread