Progress Shots
I took the bridge out again to start some work on the interface at the end of the peninsula. A short track that I had been using as a team track before Pier 27 came along will be extended to go into the pier. However, I will have to reposition it somewhat, so I will need to pull out the existing track and some of the scenery back to the switch:

Other scenery at the end of the peninsula is just roughed in:

This is at the base of the Walthers bascule bridge. The area is more and more inspired by Emery Gulash films of Detroit and Toledo area scenes from the 1950s, when Detroit was the fourth-largest US city and an industrial powerhouse. (For that matter, in the 1980s I drove a Jeep Grand Wagoneer built in Toledo. However, it had definitely not come off the line on a Wednesday.) The pile of dirt behind the Do Not Anchor sign is the start of a typical Emery Gulash foreground point-of-interest that he'd have in his films. To the left is the base of the Walthers float bridge, which will need to have the Tortoise installed for the switch point on the bridge.

Messages In This Thread