GEC's Orphan Challenge
ugh, I made that oh so critical flaw and did not check all my materials. My casting rubber came in yesterday, as well as all new resin supplies. The first thing I needed to do is coat the current mold with mold release, so that the silicone doesn't stick.

The bottle was just about empty, not nearly enough for such a wide area. In the back of my mind, I wondered if I needed to order any of that stuff, but i was like "nah, I should have plenty". I probably won't be able to finish this in time. If i had the mold release, the mold would have been done sometime today, and I could have had the parts casted up by tomorow/the day after. Since this kit is simple (its just the floor and the body shell, with an optional plug), it would have taken no time. In theory, if I rushed it, I could even have the pieces painted.

Unfortuneately, I know of no local hobby stores that stock the resin/silicone molding supplies, and shipping from Alumilite would take beyond the 15th. At least things are moving a long though, so I'll probably put in an order for the mold release in the meantime, so that I can get this project rolling.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread