Scalecoat paint?
I used to use Scalecoat exclusively until I discovered the Tru-Color paint line. I have over fifty bottles of the Tru-Color paint and love the stuff for airbrushing. It's acetone based and thins just fine with regular hardware store brand acetone which is much cheaper than their own thinner.

Tru-Color isn't a typical pigment based paint, but more like a dye based paint similar to printer's inks. It never separates in the bottle, and the thinned paint from your airbrush can be put right back in the bottle, so a lot less waste. This paint covers extremely well. I can get a solid white or yellow OVER black in just two coats !

The downside to the fantastic abilities for spraying, it's not intended as much for brush painting. I've used it to touch up small spots and maybe some grab irons, but that's about it. It dries real quick. I can paint, mask and spray two or three colors easily the same day.

I don't think I ever fully finished a bottle of Scalecoat before it dried up. Tru-Color is good right down to the last drop no matter how old it is. It WILL thicken up after some time, but will thin right back out with the acetone.

Mark.

Messages In This Thread