Freelance 'Norfolk & Western' secondary.
So, after a failed experiment, I have a virgin baseboard! This runs the full length of two walls, 12ft and 10ft, plus a 4 to 5ft at either end on the other two walls - just over 30ft run, ample for an N scale secondary line .... I hope.

As I already have my N scale 'Wisconsin Central' layout, this one is freelance to include all the things I've wanted to model for years, but never had the oportunity. So .... the requirements:

New period: mid 1960s to early 1970s
A car float (told you it was freelance!) probably a 2 track, but possibly 3
A small rural town
A distillery
Primarily 40ft cars
GP9s, switchers etc

It will be constructed using Peco code 55 track and wired for DC control as I invariably run the layout alone.

At present the track plan isn't finalised, bu in essence, the left end of the layout will have the car float and yard with low relief warehouse. The line will then pass through an urban industrial area, up to three industries requiring switching, this along the first half to two thirds of the 12ft wall, then meandering through a rural wooded area before reaching the small rural town along the 10ft wall. Finally the line will end with the distillery at the far right hand end of the layout.

I'm not sure whether to include any passenger service ..... would such a line be likely to have such? It would be possible to have a small depot, even with a freight house and perhaps a team track in the town area .... But it might make the scene too cramped at the harbour end ....

Hopefully I can get a more presentable track plan drawn up in the next few days which I can then post, but I would welcome comments on the concept, especially the passenger quandary, in the meantime.

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life

Messages In This Thread