What to do with a pair of H0n30 Shays - Layout ideas wanted
Hello,

meanwhile I feel that I know each layout on Carl Arendt's website :-) It's really a good source for micro layout ideas. There's even an entry from my long gone On30 layout in the scrapbooks (one of those layouts never finished and torned down...

I'm not really sure in the moment with most points for that layout.
I'm sure, that I like to operate my two Shays on a layout. It would be great to have a point to point operation. But a continius loop is also not bad just to watch the trains running.

Due to limit space for a new layout it's hard to find something. The biggest problem is, that I'm to narrow minded in logging, too tiny micro layouts, to large projects... So most of my ideas are just for the trash bin.

And that's the point where I hope to get some fresh wind into my mind with new ideas, maybe outside the woods, or layout plans which are "the next level". Call it some kind of brain storming.

One of those ideas could be a construction railroad for road or dam construction... That would something different, but still a nice place to run the Shays.

The question about the layout - I just finished my Southern & Graham County Railroad in N-Scale and I'm looking for a new one. Sadly, the N-scale layout blocks up my entire train room.

Bye, Gerd

Messages In This Thread