We need MORE room!!!
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Yeah that ol' eyesight thing is BS. I'm blind in my left eye, which had been my good eye and need a minimum of 3.5 magnification for my right eye and I have more problems working on the O and G stuff at the museum then I do with my N stuff at home. When you go bigger you have to include more and more detail to make the model look right to the mind and the eye. All that stuff doesn't exist in the smaller scales. And to be in scale trees need to be 2 feet tall in O and 4 feet tall in G Eek !!!!!! The eyesight thing is just a copout. Nope
Hopefully cataract surgery in about 3 weeks will restore my eyesight in my left eye. If it does and I can see again I'm still not going to backslide to one of the wrong scales ! Icon_lol

To start with, good luck on your impending surgery. I really hope that it's successful. Keep us posted. Gee, once your eye is working good, maybe you might consider Z scale... 357 357

The one drawback with the smaller scales is working with small parts. Glue something together and be off by a 1/16" in G scale and it's barely noticeable, do the same thing in N scale and things just don't fit anymore. Nope And we always have to go with the dropping of parts on the floor. With N scale you probably won't ever see the part again, but if you do find it,it will not be damaged. However, the danger with G scale, is that you'll probably break the part or even a toe if you're not very lucky. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread