Freelance 2013-3
So I'm not sure if what you're doing -- following Peter Feigenbaum pretty carefully -- is even model railroading. If it is, it's at least not my cup of tea. How do all these fantasy abandoned buildings contribute to a focus on a model train? George Sellios creates a kind of fantasy world, too, but there are trains in it!
--------------------------------------------------
Actually railroads do run through these parts of cities getting to the urban industries or even major older terminals and having been to several cities in Ohio Reinhard's modeling is spot on and far better then Mr.Sellios "Sweethaven" style modeling (Sweethaven is the town in the movie "Popeye")..

As I mention earlier railroads usually don't run in neighborhoods that feature manicured lawns.The abandon buildings is what's left of mom and pop business after people started shopping at the malls instead of downtown due to several reasons including the local crime rate.

Reinhard has taken the next step in realistic urban modeling and is to be congratulated on this bold step. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread