New track plan # 2
nomad Wrote:Sorry Russ. I have expanded as far as I can. You wouldn't believe the money I spent on flowers just to get what I have. Wallbang
The best I could do would be to eliminate the turntable and extend the track to the end of the table and try to hide the end some how. Dead end the track at a tunnel or hide it with a bunch of pine trees ? And then call the yard an interchange.

Loren

I think something like that would be workable. Focusing your operation on the branch would keep you very busy with all of those industrial sidings. Another possibility would be a car float at one end for an interchange. I don't remember what geographical area you are modeling. A car float on a cart could bring cassettes of cars on and off the layout. If your harbor was at the end of the peninsula, you could keep both turntables. If passenger service was by doodle bug, the turn tables could be used to turn the doodle bug as well as freight engines. Your interchange yard would then be the yard at the end of the peninsula. The cart could be pushed up to the end of the aisle between the left leg and the peninsula. If your location does not lend itself to a harbor, you could do a 2 foot by 4 foot "fiddle yard" on wheels that would align with the end of the peninsula. In effect, interchange would take place off the modeled portion of the layout. I think a wye at the end of the peninsula where it joins the main layout would be an asset for operation in either of those scenarios.

Messages In This Thread