Stein's Minneapolis Warehouse district 1957 (HO)
Russ Bellinis Wrote:If the color in that photo is correct, you might want to darken the green that you are using as CNW green with a bit of black. I think that would get you pretty close. The photo looks like it is a dark green that is very close to black.

Well, I finally got started on the water this weekend. Got a couple of coats of very dark green/black on the surface - will have to let that dry before I can continue on that. Looks okay in person, but looks too bluish when using the flash on the camera - and it is too dark in the room where I leave stuff to dry to not use the flash.

Also picked up some materials for my fascia on Saturday - something called "Huntonitt" in Norwegian - I think it is similar to what Americans call Masonite.

Got a coat of primer and the first coat of white on the elevator extension and the head house - ran out of white before I could do the second coat of white :|

Finally got my second switcher (the GE 70-tonner) masked off and painted with the dark green over the yellow. This time I tried my hand at masking the sebra stripes on the front and rear with trape before painting the dark green, instead of using decals for the stripes. Works for now, but still plenty of room for improvement:

[Image: DSCN4902.jpg]

Have ordered some more decals from Microscale - won't be here for a week, at least. Got to try to pick up some more white paint tomorrow.

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread