New track plan # 2
nomad Wrote:I like you ideas! The rolling fiddle yard sounds good. But let me get this straight.The way it sounds the yard could go away ( leaving the turntable ) and replace it with more industries ( or a town ) since it looks like that big yard is not needed. Correct?
And I do have a doodle bug or rdc in mind for later.
You know, I forgot to mention, I can use all the area out to the outside edge of the island.

Loren

That is exactly what I am thinking. Is there extra "real estate" that you could temporarily encroach on when operating? I'm thinking that you could make that rolling fiddle yard a bit bigger if it is turned 90 degrees to the end of the island. As long as it is no wider than the space between the island and the leg on the left, it could easily be disconnected and rolled into that aisle to be out of the way when the railroad was not in use. It could even be a fully scenicked operational yard, that would be fastened to the layout with "C" clamps or other fasteners, and then unfastened for storage. If you extra rolling stock was stored elsewhere away from the layout, the car would be a handy way to transport rolling stock from the layout to storage or from storage to the layout.

Messages In This Thread