Weekly Photo Fun 1/3 - 1/9/14
Metroliner Coaches! I took these the other day. My cafe and club car came later

[Image: P1030225.jpg]

The details are great, but the springs on the pantographs are a bit strong. While the pantographs are available as spare parts, the details are not, which is unfortunate! I could use many of these details for my other MU cars. I'm definitely gonna put in a large order for these pantographs, which belong on my Jersey Arrow I and III types. The Snack Bar coach and club car have the faively type, a few of which I might grab for my Arrow IIs and Silverliners.

[Image: P1030229.jpg]

Here is the whole trainset. I am somewhat frustrated that they only sold these in Amtrak and PRR, and left out the Penn Central paintjob. Most of the Metroliners spent most of their lives in Penn Central markings. In fact, only one of the club cars, 884, was in Amtrak paint prior to the 1979 rebuilding. Fortunately, Walthers offers that roadnumber, and thats the club car I have. In reality, it would be very unusual to see this many Amtrak cars together. Normally, you might see one or two Amtrak cars in a consist of 4-6 cars. I have only seen two photos where there are three Amtrak cars in a 4 car set.

The combination could have happened, so i'm letting it slide for now.

[Image: d1cc994f-048a-43ca-be5d-1bde226d617b.jpg]

[Image: P1060312.jpg]

[Image: P1060303.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread