What made you choose....
Your particular road?

For me, it all starts with the Cotton Belt. As a kid in Ft. Worth I waited in anticipation for the engines with Cotton Belt and Southern Pacific splashed on their bloody noses to come rumbling down the tracks 100 yds from my Grandmothers house to see them smash the pennies I put on the track. That is until my grandfather convinced me I was the reason the train was going to derail...

I have since acquired a fleet of motive power that includes SP, SSW, Frisco, KCS, Southern, UP, Santa Fe and I even have a Clinchfield Challenger 4-6-6-4 for the occasional trip down memory lane...my Uncle was a postman for Texas & Pacific, so I pick up as much rolling stock as I can. My freelanced Texas & Atlantic is a fictional transcontinental route from Ft Worth to North Carolina coast, which at least geographically interchanges with all my motive power, the opposite of the original T&P charter. I spent the majority of my childhood until 76 in NC, my wife born and raised so I have a connection to Southern RY there...

Your particular era?

I officially set it from 1956-1976. the late fifties only because of the lone steamer in the fleet. The era is also dictated by locomotive makes...E8/E9, GP38-2', H-15-44, GE 40 and 70 Tonner, U25B, B30-7, Alco RS 3, F7, GP7 , S4 switchers and PA1/PB1 to name a few. I also like the architecture from the 30s and 40s, which will let me occasionally backdate a scene or two while adding a couple of more modern Pikestuff or such can let me jump into the future when I start buying the big SD 70 monsters.....I started driving in 1976, which is when I started rail fanning in my 1970 Chevelle SS......

Your particular location?

Again, because of my locomotive roster, my vast location could be anywhere along any southern route from Texas thru Ark, Ten and finally somewhere in the foothills of North Carolina. As fellow Texan Rev Billy Gibbons once said....."we're nationwide...."
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread