Charlie b's layout
Thanks Ralph.
I am waiting for the trees to green up so I can get some pictures to make into background wallpaper. It's hard to find the right angles. Everyone wants to go up on the hill and take an aerial picture, and that won't work.

I worked on another background building today. I took the original picture last summer, and this is what I had to start with

I use Photoshop elements 5 to correct the distortion, and get the angles as close as possible, then it is just a matter of cutting out what you don't need.
I saved a basic empty store so I could work with it in the near future for something else.    

Then I took some various parts from other pictures to complete the backdrop picture.    

After I print them out I spray the front with matt medium to make the ink water proof, then when that is dry I spray the other side with cheap clear. This makes the paper a lot more durable, and gives you a little forgiveness if you need to move it on the glue. I use the 3m spray glue, but If the paper is sealed you can use Elmer's, but it will bubble. I use plywood sanded on one side, various thickness.

On some I have added an extra 1/2 in strip along both vertical edges to give them a little more depth. The ones glued to 1/4 in plywood just get the edges painted an appropriate color.

One bonus, I am learning how to use a program that was a complete mystery to me for many years.

Charlie

Messages In This Thread