The Trains In Snow thread
I once participated in trains in the snow. 5 years ago, I was helping the Pemberton Township Historic Trust bring in a new boxcar. My girlfriend came along. We had to move caboose over to make space for the boxcar. Unfortunately, the snow compacted in front of the caboose. They tried to move it with a tractor, but no luck!

We ended up shoveling the snow off the rails, and even then, we had trouble moving it! Eventually, they gave me a car-mover lever device. I got the caboose rolling, but my girlfriend stepped in and started pushing it, and it rolled right down the tracks. Only after she had moved it to the correct spot had she realized that no one was helping her push it down the tracks!

The locomotive was scrapped last month. The caboose here did survive. So did the CNJ caboose i helped fix, and a rare NX23.

[Image: PembertonBoxcar12212209014_0001screen2.jpg]

A little while before, I released the brakes. The caboose was a PRR N5C class, but I do not know the original number.

[Image: PembertonBoxcar12212209009.jpg]

I have a few more picture the next day where we were putting the boxcar on the tracks in the snow. The boxcar was sold, I think to the New Hope & Ivyland.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread