Logic???
Catt Wrote:The whole point behind my question was that the I company posted a picture of a open container filled with boxes of parts that were molded in their very own US factory.Now take that fact and convince me that they really saved money.By the way equating Asian wages to US wages does not really compute since their monentary system is quite different from ours.

True, but it's the exchange rate that counts, at the current exchange rate, they may be working for $1.00 an hour, which can save the US manufacturer a few dollars on an item. Subtract from that the packaging and shipping costs, and there still has to be a positive difference. I can see why you're skeptical since I have to wonder as well. I'm not trying to convince anyone that it's the way to go, I'm totally in favor of keeping manufacturing jobs here regardless of any extra costs. I think manufacturers would be ahead if the game in the long run, it's just that they look at short term gains rather than the big picture.

That's what we're saying, there has to be a monetary incentive for them to do it this way, even if we can't understand or see it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread