Retire Where???
ezdays Wrote:
tomustang Wrote:There is no such thing as retirement in california. If you don't work anymore you still have to drive everywhere for something, you have to walk for your community mailbox, your supermarket is in another town and so are your retail stores. There your neighbors are too close and what you want is always a drive away.

You guys keep using the words, "driving" and "California" in the same sentence. :o That is just a dream, "crawling" is more appropriate. I remember coming up from San Diego one weekend and stopping at the end of the line at Mission Viejo on the way to Anaheim, about 25 miles away. That's the same stretch of road that gave me ulcers when we lived there back in the 70's. Every freeway was a parking lot, even late at night. It's been a few years since I've been over there, but from what I hear, it isn't any better. Nope

I just laugh when they refer to adding more lanes as a way of relieving congestion. I think of it as widening the parking lot. I thought that New York City traffic was horrendous until I went to California.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.

Messages In This Thread