Airbrush Question
tetters Wrote:I have a question about air compressors.

The small ones that are marketed for airbrushing. Are they any better in terms of quality and operation as far as say a small oil free 100 psi Campbell Hausfeld small tank compressor is? Are they quieter? I noticed the one Josh is checking out is tank-less. I don't remember where I read it, but somewhere I thought it was mentioned that tank-less compressors are not good for airbrushing. Is this true?

The CH one I have will pump up to a 100 psi and has a regulator and filter/moisture trap on it. The only beef I have with it, is that it is LOUD especially when I fire it up inside the house. I've been toying with the idea of putting it on the other side of the wall cinder block into our cold room, however I'm worried about the adverse effects the cold may have on it in the winter time. It's only the initial start up cycle which requires it to pump the tank up to 100 psi then I can set the regulator for airbrushing...it just every time it kicks on after that too... :oops:

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I havnt ths slightest idea Shane, but i now someone can answer it Misngth

The compressor i posted is supposed to be one of the more quiet ones and its got some nice features like the auto-shut off..... Misngth thats what really caught my attention lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread