Made the Jump to DCC Today
The engine works fine using the factory pre-set cv03 on the layout. (Lights work in both directions, unit moves in both directions) I'm unable to reprogram the engine's address or read the current address on the programming track only. I successfully reprogrammed the address of two other dcc engines, one Atlas with a Lenz decoder and the other a Kato with a Digitrax decoder, on that same programming track so at least I know the programming track works. From what I've been learning so far about the Bachmann decoders, they operate at such a small voltage that the Digitrax systems can't "see" the decoder on the programming track. I've had one person suggest adding a 1000 ohm resistor to the programming track which should allow the Zephyr to "see" the decoder and program it successfully. I'm don't understand the electrical reason why the programming unit couldn't sense the presense of a decoder and that you'd need to add more resistance. I dunno...

I'm going to post this question to Digitrax and see what they say too, and if they reply, I'll post the reason and hopefully the "fix" here so others don't have to go through this.

Thanks again!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread