How much can we justify spending?
Tyson Rayles Wrote:
jwb Wrote:Do you think nobody else should build a bigger layout? Lance appears to think that way.

Nope, I think you should build whatever you want. I built mine before I ever heard of Lance so he didn't influence my decision but he is on to something as a lot of people are going in that direction. But other ways/types/styles are equally valid as well.

You never seen Lance's N Scale Monon layout that graced the pages of MR and GMR just a few years ago? Confusedhock:

It was a very nice layout.

Mike,As I mention a ISL doesn't cost a small fortune to build like those Godzilla size basement layouts we see in MR..Lance just open the ISL closet door to the hobby..

Sadly ISLs for years as been looked down on as a inferior layout not worthy of a article in MR.Even when MR did the KR&D project switching layout back in the '71 most felt it was a waste of magazine space..

However..

IMHO in the coming years we will see more small to moderate size ISLs built due to the ever increasing hobby prices.

A ISL sure enough beats no layout or just dreaming about that some day Godzilla size layout that fills a basement or perhaps its own building.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread