Weekly Photo Fun 3/28 - 4/4/14
Looks like a lot of Philadelphia stuff tonight-

Silverliner IIIs- these were originally purchased to run in pairs out to Harrisburg and back. they had unusual left hand control stands for "pay as you go" service that was never implemented. They were nick named lateliners because they were delayed, and were the "last" PRR car order before Penn Central.

[Image: P3061148.jpg]

[Image: P3061147.jpg]

The Arrow IIs were leased by Amtrak for the same Philadelphia-Harrisburg Service from 1979 until 1983.

[Image: P3061150.jpg]

I was taking pictures of my "fleet" for another website, but I figured I'd show some of my other projects. Here you can see some Reading Green Car MU kit, partially painted. In the background is my "naked" Silverliner IV married pairs. The other silverliner IVs are single unit types.

[Image: P3241484.jpg]

This is all my Philadelphia stuff, the result of 10 years worth of picking up random things here and there! The worst part is, my New Jersey commuter fleet is even larger than this! A lot of it needs work, though. I'm really hoping to get my Reading Company Green Cars done soon, though after that I'll probably shift my focus back to my New Jersey modeling.

Also included in the group is my PRSL RDC-1, and PATCO Rapid Transit cars in the foreground I hope one day to power thost PATCO cars and maybe make a little automated PATCO mini-layout, much like the kind the English seem to like to make. Unfortunately, its difficult to find under-floor drives with 28" wheels, and I have to hope they can hit between 60 and 70 MPH.

I used to ride the PATCO nearly every day, and I still take it frequently, so this is a special train for me!

[Image: P3241488.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread