Florida ISL - Ocala
Rscott417 Wrote:
Mike Kieran Wrote:I realized that I was using the wrong title for the track plan. Here's another variation of the plan with a Pikestuff Small Engine House for the shops / railroad office / crew locker room.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

This is probably the redesign I favor the most. It seems like you'd be able to use 3/4 of the longer (bottom left) interchange track all in one shot with the swing/lift out extension. This design makes in pointless for a runaround (and possible addition of a shoving platform) since all the sidings face the same direction and maximize the space available and the amount of industries, if there are other rail served industries in the prototype maybe that long track that curves along the right side wall could be used or switch added. I also like the idea of having a place for locomotives to go when the day is done, it adds another modeling element and structure for viewing interest instead of just an empty track. Just my 2 cents.

I thought the track plan would show up but basically the one I'm talking about is the first one on this page.

This is why I prefer the earlier track plans. Chris has a great track plan to start this thread, but In my opinion, he was better off in his original incarnation where the interchange was on the bottom so that he could use the extension across the doorway (he's building the layout in a 7x10 foot shed. His original Florida Highland was an exceptional design (as is all of his work Worship ). In the original design, he had a CF7 on both ends to do the opposing sidings. I just prefer the caboose shove.

I intended for the track on the right peninsula to be a spur or for it to extend to connect with the switching lead for the interchange as a complete loop roundy round so that he could just sit down and break in engines or do vegetative railroading.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.

Messages In This Thread