Florida ISL - Ocala
Quote:Hi Mike

A suggestion... Change the switch at the right hand end of the loop so it is a curved switch coming off the bend. This will take the "S" out for a train coming out of the loop and into the bend which could be a source of derailment.

Another suggestion.....swap the position of the points for the scrap yard and juice siding and put in a X-over. This will make the sidings a bit longer particularly the juice siding. Also the switch to the juice siding could be a left hand making the run into the siding less bendy again.

Colin

I was going to try the cross-over after seeing Reinhard's (faraway) posting. As far as the S curve is concerned, I switched it around, but I'm with Larry (Brakie). I like a little S curve and I wanted a little distance between the turnouts, but it doesn't look bad and it allows more cars on the one part of the runaround siding. I don't know how much of an issue it would be for derailments since I would imagine that Chris would operate at slow speeds, but I am a fan of smoother operation. Thumbsup

Quote:That truncated line could be a off layout industry that has its own switcher.
Larry
Engineman
Slate Creek Rail.

Thanks for the compliment Larry. You know, one of those Bachmann 45 tonners parked there, especially a military one, would make things interesting.

Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.

Messages In This Thread