NY&A ISL
Hi,

As an (very) inexperienced model railroader with little or no knowledge of the prototype, I doubt I'm the last person to be expressing an opinion. However, and for what it's worth, whilst I like your plan which appears to offer plenty of operational value, I have this 'thing' (for wont of a better expression Big Grin ) about run round loops on models where only one set of crossover switches is shown (t'other end being 'offscene' so to speak). IMHO, if a loop is to be incorporated, it should be shown in its entirety - nice to see the loco running round in full view in other words - otherwise, best to omit it and employ the push-shove movements which I believe are common place on ISLs (loops can also be more difficult to 'hide' with a view blocker).

I can understand your predicament if 8 feet is all you have at your disposal - run rounds are typically greedy in terms of length especially if you intend to use the amount of stock suggested - however, I feel the loss of the run round would not detract from the overall scene.

Hope you don't mind my saying so.

jonte

Messages In This Thread