Weekly Photo Fun - May 9th-15th
switcher1 Wrote:Somewhat out of place, a 4mm loco with buffers on an American 3.5mm layout....

Not as much as you might think, though. Wink Kitmaster states that it's designed to run (well, if the big 0-5-0 in-the-sky deigns to give it a push) on OO or HO track. It's not too fond of the guard rails on Atlas and Shinohara turnouts, though. As you can see, I've installed Kadee couplers, talgo-style, on both ends, and its tractive effort of 45,600lbs is just slightly less than the 48,000 of the Grand Valley's Consolidations.
If the 60103 could tour North American and Australia, I see no reason why the 503 couldn't make a little jaunt into Lowbanks, situated in southern Ontario...in Canada, eh? Icon_lol

The original decals for this model were beyond recovery, so the store owner opted to have it lettered for the TH&B. I used to paint TH&B diesels for another hobby shop, and once remarked that TH&B fans would buy anything if it were lettered for TH&B - they bought over six dozen versions of those that I painted, and I've seen modern HO locos (don't know the proper designation) done in TH&B paint that looked pretty plausible - probably more than this steamer, I suppose, but it is, after all, meant to be an in-store conversation piece.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread