Meanwhile, at the cottage...a scratchbuild!
wgrider Wrote:This will be a nice building when done , I can't tell as pics don't go bigger but are the boards being put on card stock?

Here's a closer pic of the wall. I scribed lines in the card using a dental tool. My dentist in CA heard that I was into trains and offered me as many used tools as I would find useful. I took and assortment and duplicates of each to share. I'm not sure I'm happy with this particular tool for scribing boards, but maybe with time I'll like it better or I'll just try a different one.

I lined the scribing with pencil in order to see the lines better, and show them better in the photo. My lines aren't all that straight, as the close-up shot reveals.

[albumimg]653[/albumimg]

When I get some pics of the little room under the stairs, you'll see some board by board construction, just glued onto a cutout of the wall size & shape then trimmed and modified (gouged, knot-holed, etc.) as needed.

The small section of clapboard siding is individual planks cut from the coffee coolers box. So far everything is cardstock of some sort.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread