Progress Shots
Here is the first culvert with ground cover added onto the dried and hardened "ground goop", as well as touchup of the ballast:

This is a first cut -- I need, among other things, some grass tufts, but I'm out of those (and this is the kind of useful thing my LHS doesn't bother to keep in stock. Fine, I'm tired of arguing with them, I now deal more on line.)

As I got to thinking about ground cover, I began to think more of the Railroad Avenue "Derelict" house I posted about above. Here is a more general view of the area, on which I can get some more scenery work done in the near term:

I'm posting this to help my thought processes. On my last trip to Tehachapi, I found a house that's somewhat similar:

(This was the best shot I could get without trespassing, which is something folks in that area take very, very seriously.) Note the collection of old cars, sheds, tanks, etc. I need to go through my junk box and see what I have to add to this scene, as well as maybe a couple more trees. So I'll be posting about this as well.

Messages In This Thread