The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Warm and humid tonight. Right now it's 75 degrees, a temperature normally only found in July and August around here.

Yesterday I started working on the track for the outdoor layout. Got the section removed and was adjusting the tie strip and noticed it seemed to be getting darker. Checked the radar, put my tools away, and My Fair Lady and I sat on the porch and watched a noisy thunderstorm. We got about a quarter inch of rain. Then I took the park bench apart and got the boards sanded.

Today it was too wet to work on the track as we had a dense fog lat night. I skipped the gym and the bike ride today as the big toe on my left foot was rather sore. While I was hanging the boards up to be stained, one of them fell on the aforementioned toe. Boy, did that hurt! Today it's all black and blue and there's a nice gash on the top. I had planned on mowing the yard today but by the time the grass was dry it was too hot and humid to work outside so that will be on my agenda for tomorrow morning. After lunch I made the rounds of the grocery stores picking up much needed items. I also got the boards for the bench stained and will start varnishing them tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread