Branch line/ISL
might not have clarified in my original post, this is a my hobby and I'm in it for fun. I thoroughly enjoy turning my zephyr knob up a few notches and watching a GP40-2, SD40-2 a combination of both tail to tail or heck even 3 in a consist (or I may get crazy and use a Dash 9) to switch out my generic industries. My railroad isn't prototypical nor was it designed to be. It's a more think outside the box and have fun with trains.
-------------------------------------------------------------

First don't be discourage..

Your idea matches mine except I prefer SW1500s-don't know why seeing I have 15 SW1500s and may make it 16. :o

As far as boxcars..If you notice I use 'em on my ISL because boxcars is still widely used-both NS and CSX handles more boxcars per week then intermodal..

See: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadpm.org/Performance%20Reports/NS.aspx">http://www.railroadpm.org/Performance%20Reports/NS.aspx</a><!-- m -->

My Summerset Ry and Slate Creek Rail is based on Progressive Rails AirLake Industrial Park operations except I use lots of boxcars instead of covered hoppers.

My Slate Creek ISL is generic and could be anywhere East of the Mississippi River however,in my HO world its in Toledo, Ohio along the shore of the Maumee River and my Summerset Ry is along the shores of my beloved Lake Erie at Lorain and serves Lakeview Industrial Park which is 100% fictional and is strong on boxcars-80% of the cars handled by SSR and SCR are boxcars because---simply put I like boxcars.

1 layout 2 locations and different industries with look alike industrial buildings like we see every day in industrial parks throughout the land.

The locomotives you plan on using isn't that far fetch..I seen wide cabs on locals as well SD50/60/70s on NS and CSX.

The main thing is its your ISL and you need to design it so it fills your needs. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread