End Of a Era.
In a somewhat strange co-incidence I have been reading through back issues of Model Railroader and TRAINS from @ 2001, pre and post 911 and then just last night, I happend to look up at my latest issue of MRR and noticed how much thinner is has become in just over a decade.
I then wondered just where magazines like MRR are headed given that during my recent house move I realised just how much space and weight my magazine collection involves. I seriously discussed with my father about getting both the TRAINS and MRR Dvd's to slim down my storage requirements.
Another thought is if we are getting rid of hard copies of books and magazines, where does this leave cabinetmakers and bookcases?
I think that there is a big difference between reading something On-line or on a personal tablet device versus reading a book or magazine and it does have something to do with what Sumpter250 experienced.
Who hasnt dropped a book or magazine 35 or had the power go out Curse or worse still the internet go down Wallbang
You look at a book or mag. in your bookcase and you remember reading things in it.
You drop it you pick it up again, dust it off and start reading, drop your tablet device and see what happens.
Power goes out, grab a torch or a candle and you can still read a book, your tablet or computer will just sit there when the batteries die.
When the internet goes down you can still read a book or a magazine, plus they dont get spam, disruptive pop up ads or viruses. Nor do books have un supported software problems.
Welcome to progress.
Is this the end of the Guttenburg era in the same way steam was replaced by the diesel? Confusedhock:
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread