Branch line/ISL
lajry Wrote:If your plan isn't "cast in concrete" yet w/ glue & ballast, here's a few revisions you might want to consider. Put the run around along the ladder & put the engine house to the left. Both gives you more useable yard tracks.
Moved your industry on left to other side of the spur. That way you don't have to reach over/around it when spotting cars.
Good thoughts...My thoughts on the small yard. The engine will return to the yard pulling cars. There should/needs to be a way of the engine escaping or being able to run around the cut of cars. The cars can either be left on the primary track or brought down to the first "yard sorting track". Either track, the engine could then decouple and run around the block, couple back on the end and move to appropriate yard track to be sorted for interchange. Or the engine could decouple and another yard switcher could come up from the lower track and move cars into appropriate yard track. I don't see how the engine run around beside the ladder can be utilized. What purpose would it serve?

The short track opposite the engine shed may be used as my engine storage or a program track for dcc.

The left industry will be a low building, 4-5" tall (good place for trucks to load/unload, thanks faraway) The switching will take place by the silos on the end. I don't think I can get a good radius off the track to make anything else work.
Thanks
NSHO

Messages In This Thread