NY&A ISL
Not a whole lot to look at in this update but I did get a few things started and I've been doing some customer research and re-thinking my industries. I got started on Morgan Avenue, I used sand paper to wear down the solid black paint and added a few road side details. I rebuilt the warehouse I originally had but went with a brick look this time around. I used spackle/patching compound for the mortar by rubbing it in with my finger and wiping it from the face of the bricks.
[Image: 20140904_215531_zps7a006997.jpg]

[Image: 20140904_215433_zpsb195996a.jpg]
This warehouse will be home to 4 different customers (all of which are actual customers of NYA in a similar type building)
Norampac NYC - they receive paper and pulpboard used in the production of containerboard and cardboard boxes
Yang Shing Trading - receives and wholesales Asian food products
Mon Chong Loong Trading - receives and distributes products for NYC's Asian food market
Amersino Marketing Group - they receive reefer cars of produce (organic, exotic and citrus fruits).

I will be getting rid of the blue building that was going to be a food processor....
[Image: 20140904_215403_zps3d442df3.jpg]

and in its place will be Montebello Foods. They receive flour and tomato sauce.
[Image: Montebello_zps27ce60c1.png]

They have a brand new facility along the Bushwick Branch with a 2 car spot that they apparently have never used, however they will be making a comeback on my layout. Even though they don't see much...well I guess any rail service, I decided to go with this customer anyway to break up all the surrounding brick buildings. Also with the addition of Norampac there is no longer a need to have another paper products manufacturer on the layout. The curved building/siding that I originally had for that industry will now become David Rosen Bakery Supply (who is actually located in that building in Bushwick Terminal), they receive flour, sugar and starch. Hopefully I can get the wheels in motion now that I have an actual idea of my industries and car loads.

Messages In This Thread